Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Little Happy Thoughts...

For the past few days I have been sitting and trying to think on what to write. With the Boston bombing, among other tragedies I have read in social media, words seem to have escaped me, my thoughts all abuzz with grief, and anger. Trying to contemplate and wrap my head around so much evil that is in this world just didn't make for a nice blog idea. Today, however, I have been able to calm my senses, relax some and have begun seeing the good in this world and it's people again, so here are my thoughts....

~New Zealand has legalized marriage equality, making it the 13th country to do so. I couldn't be more happy about this..way to be Zealanders!! In the grand scheme of things, it would seem, that fighting over the right of everyone to be equal when it comes to love is just silly, and insignificant. In saying that, it is not meant that this cause is not important or worthy, on the contrary! The thought is basically that it should just be, no stance against it at all, I mean, why would we want to tolerate and accept hate, when there is already sooo much of that happening all over?? Wouldn't we rather, us human beings that are given the freedom of choice in our thoughts, be spending that time appreciating and accepting LOVE???

~I have seen a few pictures of children from around the world, holding signs in love and support of Boston and America as a whole. This just fills me with joy, as it shows once again, the innocence of children, the compassion they hold, and how we as their mentors need to nurture that, and let it grow into something beautiful...all over the world! Here is an example :

~Even with the hate that is "Westborough", (it is never nice or easy to read of their "plans"), the out-pour of LOVE and PEACE from all walks of life,  all over the country in an effort to put a stop to them, just leaves me with hope that the HATE and the EVIL will not persevere, and we will shake their foundations and they will crumble! Another example:
This is what happens when their page gets "brandjacked"...funny take, but still rings so true to the point!

~Lately I have also seen a huge growth in the fight against violence on women, and on the fight against bullying. While the very thought that this is even necessary saddens me..daily, it also brings comfort knowing that the good people of this earth aren't backing down and taking it anymore. All the groups and actions, petitions being taken, is just another proof of that LOVE still exists. Here are some of these groups standing for a cause:
https://www.facebook.com/cathyscreationsjewelry
https://www.facebook.com/UniteWomen?fref=ts
There are so many more out there, and not just ones to follow on Facebook either. These are just a couple that I like, and follow.
~Last but not least, of course my children bring me joy and comfort. Knowing that I am raising them with open minds and hearts helps to calm the sadness that is out there. I hold to the hope that it will end soon, and this next generation will be able to live in a welcoming and soulful society one day. Remember to cherish your days, your loved ones and not to take these gifts for granted. We are beautiful creatures, born of this earth, not just to sustain life, but to live it! Smile at those around you today...it just needs to start with one!

~Oh yeah, seeing cute pictures of animals always helps fight through the bad too :) Mucho LOVE!!




It may be a CRAZY life, but it's OUR life,

No comments:

Post a Comment